What a wonderful start to the year by Robins. They were so smart, happy…and tall!
Having settled in Robins took the opportunity to walk around school, refamiliarise themselves with routines and had a lovely session in the library. There are lots of new books and it was a good opportunity to delve into some of the new titles.
The children were given an overview of the week, with key things to remember:
- 8.50-3.30 for the school day
- Brass lesson on Mondays
- PE on Wednesdays (kit can be brought in and left in on Mondays)
- Reading record– these will be collected in and checked. Children should be reading for at least 10 minutes a day.
4. Targets: 10 mins reading a day, at least 2 Common Exception Words to be reviewed/learnt each day.
5. Things to know: Dinner menu online This week is WEEK 1, Blogs– a great way to interact with classes.
The children also discussed Online Safety and completed the Online Safety acceptable use policy agreement.
A great start to the day and the year. We are all looking forward to a fun packed year of hard work and learning.