Robins are still looking at rules in RE and today learnt about the five pillars of Islam that Muslims observe.
These pillars of Islam are like the five pillars that hold up a cake. All five are necessary for a person to call themselves a Muslim.
1) The declaration of the faith when they have chosen to live according to the rules of Allah.
2) Praying five times every day (morning, just past midday, afternoon, evening and night).
3) Fasting for the whole month of Ramadan.
4) Giving an amount of charity fixed by Allah on savings called the Zakah.
5) Hajj (the visit to Maakah) at least once in the life time as long as the person can financially afford it in the month of Dhul Hajj.
Muslims pray at home, at work, at school, in the Mosque. There is no restriction as to where prayers can take place.
The class then tried out the seven prayer positions.(The prayer words alone without actions or the prayer actions alone without words are NOT Islamic prayer).